Top 7 Best Spinal Decompression Machine Options on the Market
Spinal decompression can help with a variety of back pain issues like sciatica, herniated discs, and more. There are several things to consider when shopping for a spinal decompression machine like the overall costs, its effectiveness, and durability.
This article is going to explore seven of the best spinal decompression machines available. We will list them according to their affordability and review the pros and cons of each device.
What is Spinal Decompression?
We spend our lives under the influence of gravity and, whether we’re standing or sitting, the effect of gravity can cause compressive force on the spine.
Over time, these compression effects can build up and eventually cause issues with posture, neck pain, and lower back pain.
Spinal decompression acts as a reverse of this by pulling gently on the spine and creating space between the bones in the spine. This also reverses the effects that gravity has on the spine by allowing it to move in the opposite direction that gravity forces it in. Decompression exercises can be done at home yourself or by using a machine.
Benefits of Spinal Decompression
There are many benefits of spinal decompression. These include the following:
- It can take pressure off the discs of the spine which can reduce pain
- It may be beneficial for improving blood flow in the region that can aid in the healing of any irritated structures in the area
- It creates more space for the nerves exiting the spine and this can also reduce levels of pain
- It allows the spine to move in the opposite direction from the way gravity forces it
Our List of the Top 7 Best Spinal Decompression Machine Options on the Market
1: Lower Back Stretcher by AcuPoint
The AcuPoint lower back stretcher is a very effective spinal decompression machine. Using natural movements, this insert helps alleviate symptoms from conditions like sciatica and herniated discs.
It is specially shaped to naturally support the lumbar area of the back and textured to prevent slipping while stretching. The stretcher weighs less than two pounds making it one of the most portable decompression devices available.
|Acupoint Lower Back Stretcher Lower Back Pain Relief Device Lumbar...||Shop now at Amazon.com|
- It has a compact and portable design.
- It is very budget friendly.
- This machine is made from a non-slip material.
- It comes with no instructions.
- Can be painful at first.
- Only effective when laying on the floor.
2: SolidBack Stretcher
The SolidBack Stretcher is another spinal decompression machine meant to be used on flat surfaces like the floor. It features a textured surface designed to prevent slipping while using the device on the front and back.
The entire unit weighs less than three pounds and stores easily under your bed or in the closet when not in use. In terms of durability, the high-density foam holds up rather well under continued use.
|SOLIDBACK | Lower Back Pain Relief Treatment Stretcher | Chronic...||Shop now at Amazon.com|
- It has a durable design.
- It is a very affordable product.
- Stores away easily.
- One must lay on the floor to use it.
- The textured top can be painful for some users.
- No other stretching positions are supported.
The Invertabelt device is a spinal decompression machine that stands out because it is FDA cleared. This belt supports five different stretching movements that you can do while lying on your back, sitting, or on your stomach.
This helps to ensure a full and natural range of motion during your stretch. This is also a very affordable option that easily stores away in your gym bag or luggage while traveling.
|INVERTABELT - FDA Registered Back Pain Relief Product for Low Back...||Shop now at Amazon.com|
- It is extremely affordable.
- It is perfect for traveling.
- Comes with several stretching maneuvers.
- Backband is a bit narrow.
- Latex bands lose durability quickly.
- Stretches take practice to master.
4: Stamina InLine Traction Control System
The Stamina Inline is an excellent spinal decompression machine for those who prefer forward facing stretching. The best thing about this particular Stamina InLine Traction Control model is that it naturally aligns your hips, shoulders, and spine during the stretching movement.
It also has a fairly impressive 250-pound weight limit as well. Assembling the unit is quick and easy with only a few tools like a wrench required.
|Stamina Inline Traction Control System for Spinal Decompression and...||Shop now at Amazon.com|
- It has a sturdy steel construction.
- Naturally aligns the spine, hips, and shoulders.
- Foam arm supports are very comfortable.
- Does not fold away very easily.
- Users smaller than five feet may experience difficulties.
- Waist support feels somewhat bulky.
5: The BackLoop
The BackLoop spinal decompression device is one of the most original spinal decompression machine designs out there. The device anchors to the top of a door and lengthens the spine by pulling your body up with specialized straps.
It’s an FDA registered device and can be modified to work with virtually any door. It comes with instructional DVDs that explain how to set up the device and use it in a safe and effective manner.
|Inversion Table - My Backloop - Better - Safer - Standing Portable...||Shop now at Amazon.com|
- 90-day return period with free shipping.
- Complete instructions are included.
- Provides a thorough stretch without laying down.
- Can be cumbersome to use at first.
- Installing the device on a door is a bit of an eyesore.
- Adjusting the strap length is somewhat difficult.
6: Nubax Trio Portable Back Traction Device
The Nubax Trio portable back traction device is another spinal decompression machine worth considering. The entire unit weighs just over 20 pounds and stores away easily when not in use. The main benefit of this particular model is that it does not require users to lay on their backs during use.
The stretching motion is gentle and uses a natural forward range of motion. The foam handrest ensure that you maintain a secure and comfortable grip throughout the entire stretch.
- Forward facing stretching uses a natural range of motion.
- Easily stores away and is very lightweight.
- Foam handles are very comfortable.
- Narrow support area is not suitable for larger individuals.
- Cloth layer feels somewhat flimsy.
- No nonslip coating on the base.
The Backrack device is a highly effective spinal decompression machine that is very easy to use. You simply lay down gently on the device and the central chamber naturally stretches and lengthens your spine.
One of the unique things about this device is that it treats pain all throughout the spinal column. It is also quite sturdy with a 350-pound weight limit.
|Backrack Back and Neck Pain Relief Spinal Decompression Technology...||Shop now at Amazon.com|
- Durable design supports up to 350 pounds.
- Provides relief for pain throughout the entire spine.
- Simple to use with an attractive design.
- Does not fold for easy storage.
- The device still requires laying on ground level to use correctly.
- More expensive than other options.
The Bottom Line
All of the spinal decompression machine choices that we have covered do a great job stretching different areas of the spine. Some of them are better suited for the lumbar area and others are perfect for the entire spine.
Take your time exploring the available choices and pick the one best suited for your needs. After you have tried it, tell us about your experience with the product.
Images source: Amazon
Last update on 2021-07-27 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API